• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car accident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car accident

I was involved in a hit and run rtc in may. The car came flying out the side junction hitting my car side on making my car scat across the other side of road, a 360 turn and hitting a granite post in someone's garden. When I managed to stop I was facing opposite direction. The driver made off stopped waited to see my car stop and raced off nearly hitting another car.

police were called and fire brigade as car was smoking but I think it was the impact of side air bags going off. I was injured and in shock. Angry to as my car was my pride and joy. The driver left most of his no. plate on floor. Police knew who it was and was goin round after they finished with me.

Next day police rung told me the person wasn't in so sent a nip to registered keeper. I informed my insurance company they Said they would sort it.

My insurance company found the the other parties insurance company it was admiral Gibraltar so they made contact. Said it definitely didn't look like it was my fault but until sorted it goes down as fault. Said likely to be a write off. Sorting out insurance with details witnesses etc. The car was a write off. Had payout minus 600 excess. I had to go to hospital for my injuries. My insurance company gave me link to the government portal to claim back expenses. I started to fill it out but come stuck when asked for name and address of 3rd party.

14 days was up for nip surprise no response. So now there will be a summons to court for leaving scene of an accident, not reporting it and failure to respond to nip. How lively will they get done for this?

Police won't disclose name and address of driver. My insurance have said there waiting on other side to pay out to reimburse them but have no name.

I paid £10 to mib but there was 2 policies at the time so with our more information can't tell me. 2 days after accident I was told car wasn't insured anymore.
    so My last resort was paying to get details from dvla I filled in v888 form sent evidence. How likely will I get details

If not to I leave the goverment portal one and claim on mib?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

14 days was up for nip surprise no response. So now there will be a summons to court for leaving scene of an accident, not reporting it and failure to respond to nip. How lively will they get done for this?
    There's no likelihood of anybody facing action for not stopping and reporting as the police do not know who was driving. The Registered Keeper will almost certainly face action for failing to provide driver's details.

If not to I leave the goverment portal one and claim on mib?
    You cannot claim via MIB if there was an insurance policy covering the vehicle on the day of the accident. That insurer will be liable for any Third Party claims.

Comment

Ok thank you I appreciate you replying

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X