• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Met Parking Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met Parking Services

Met parking services

Yesterday, 14:44:PM
    Just received this from Met Parking, couple of things the named person wasn’t the driver at the time and it also has company secretary as well.
    the is car is registered disabled and the driver holds a disable badge (in fact all the registered drivers have their valid disable badge.) there signage is not visible when entering and going back to take pictures there are 2 signs.
    not sure how to appeal this and MacD’s are not helpful
    will try add 2 other photos of sign
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

What was the date of contravention?

Anyway that PCN is non compliant with POFA2012 as it does not give the period of parking

They won't accept your appeal as acceptance doesn't give them an income

Comment

des8 6th June

Comment

So what do you suggest? the signage gets covered and it is so small.

Comment

So just to keep the ball rolling send them this:

Dear Sirs,
          I have received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to specify the period of parking to which this notice applies as prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.
          Yours etc

Do not identify the driver, even on here.

Photos of the signs (together with font sizes) might be useful further down the line if you can obtain them without too much difficulty.

Comment

Hi, did you receive anything from MET after stating the above?

Comment

Hi des8 and Park243
              received a reply, do I now send appeal to POPLA??

thanks in advance
              Attached Files

Comment

Worth a try
                If you want post up before sending for a review

Comment

des8 I wasn’t sure what to say to be fair , it is addressed to the registered person, the car is registered disabled all drivers have a their disabled badge. But as all the paperwork states it’s the drivers responsibility which names haven’t been give

Comment

What do you suggest to do?

Comment

I would suggest you appeal to POPLA (https://appealform.popla.co.uk/#/StartAppeal/Index)

You will need to show (i) (by means of photos and a site plan) that the signage was inadequate to form a contract
                      and (ii) that the NTK failed to comply with the requirements of POFA2012 to transfer the driver's liability for the parking charge to the keeper (as mentioned in the letter you sent to MET)

Before sending you appeal post it up here so we can advise further if necessary

Comment

des8 hi these are pictures of signage for both tickets and where parked also one you can see someone putting up a sign after PCN was sent. This along with stating failing to comply as above.

thanks in advance
                        Attached Files

Comment

So how are you wording your Popla appeal?

Comment

des8 Brief outline as the appeal is online only which you have to give someone’s details I was not the driver and the registered person wasn’t the driver either.
                            The car is registered disable and all registered drivers hold their own disable badge including the driver at the time.

Main part of the appeal is the signs are not visible to read the small print or clearly displayed where cars would be parked they are at points where the vehicle would be moving past. Also they state it is the drivers responsibility NOT the keeper. How can they justify £100 charge?
                            Also quick question what would happen if ignored

Comment

Do not neglect to include in your appeal that you, the appellant, were not the driver at the time and that the notice to keeper was not compliant with POFA2012 so liability for the unpaid charge cannot be transferred from the driver to you the keeper.

The £100 charge is justified by being included in the terms & conditions of the contract (not a moral justification!)

If Popla appeal fails there will probably be contact from a toothless debt collector, and finally a court claim.
                              However the parking companies often discontinue their claim in the face of a robust defence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X