• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Chargcot Rod London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Chargcot Rod London

Legal Beagles team.

Hope the week is finding you well.

I have received parking which I think is really unfair. The alleged parking offence took place at Pluse Charcot Rd Collindate London.

I couldn't have been in the car park for more than 3 mins 5 tops and this is because I was trying to read the signage on a very rainy day. I had no intention of parking in a designated and moved my car shortly afterward to a place where my car would be fine.

If there is any help someone here could give me that would be most appreciated

Cheers

Funkerelick
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Funkerelick; 1st March 2024, 05:03:AM.
    Tags: None

You have posted two PCNs, one from UK cpm and the other from Smart Parking.
    I can't read the Smart Parking notice, so could you upload it to a hosting site such as Imgur and give us the link?

Comment

Originally posted by Funkerelick View Post
      Legal Beagles team.

Hope the week is finding you well.

I have received parking which I think is really unfair. The alleged parking offence took place at Pluse Charcot Rd Collindate London.

I couldn't have been in the car park for more than 3 mins 5 tops and this is because I was trying to read the signage on a very rainy day. I had no intention of parking in a designated and moved my car shortly afterward to a place where my car would be fine.

If there is any help someone here could give me that would be most appreciated

Cheers

Funkerelick

Hi DES8 thanks for getting back to me.
      This is the parking notice (Dated 15/02/24) in question.

I tried to delete the Smart Parking pcn from a previous post but there was no way to delete it.

Cheers

Funkerelick

Comment

Write to them:

Dear Sirs,
        I have received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 by namely, but not limited to, failing to specify the period of parking to which this notice applies as prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.
        Yours etc

Send 1st class with free certificate of posting from Post Office.

They won't accept it as a valid appeal, and you will have to go through the IAS appeals process.
        Do not identify the driver, even on here

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Write to them:

Dear Sirs,
          I have received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 by namely, but not limited to, failing to specify the period of parking to which this notice applies as prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.
          Yours etc

Send 1st class with free certificate of posting from Post Office.

They won't accept it as a valid appeal, and you will have to go through the IAS appeals process.
          Do not identify the driver, even on here
          Hi DES8 Thanks for your reply.

Regarding this letter. I'm about to send it but out of curiosity, do I sign the letter and put Mr or Mrs _____? Or something else?

Also once I go through IAS appeals what is likely to be the next step or possible scenarios?

Cheers

Funkerelick

Comment

CPM are one of the more difficult companies to deal with.
            I read they delay in responding, send out generic replies which avoid any points you raise and even start court proceedings years down the line.
            So you go through the motions and keep all papers for a minimum of 6 years!

Just sign the letter "mr xyz........

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X