• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Driving without insurance - 6 points

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving without insurance - 6 points

I was recently pulled over by the police, they told me I was speeding when I was not.
    Unfortunately, it appeared that my insurance had run out (I pay annually), I had received real emails from my insurance provider which got flagged as a phishing email, I ignored them. As a result, I was unaware that my insurance had expired. I got pulled over 8 days after it had expired which doesn't seem that bad to me.
    To make things worse, this was at 4AM, 2 police vans pulled me over and were having a chat with eachother. They also would not drop me home, instead, they dropped me off at a McDonalds 20 minutes away from my home at 4am...
    Is there any way to win a case like this?
    Tags: None

NO what would your defence be? Your insured or not ?

Comment

No. It is an absolute offence. 8 days doesn't seem so bad? Really!

Comment

On what basis were you thinking you might defend the charge? Are you hoping that the officers having a chat and refusing to take you home might be a defence?

I imagine you will be offered a fixed penalty (£300 and six points) for the offence. This is the best offer you will get. Have you held a full licence for more than two years?

A good tip is, rather than rely on reminders, write on a piece of paper when your insurance, road tax and MoT (if applicable) run out. Stick it somewhere prominent in the car so it catches your eye every time you get into the driving seat. Less chance of this happening again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X