• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do Tfl need to show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Tfl need to show

Hi I was wondering if anyone can advise have a congestion charge for a vehicle that was never hired or owned or driven this was disputed but rejected going to London tribunal we have evidence to prove this. Anyway my question is do TFL have to show us the hire agreement? As they haven’t they just state they have seen it letter attached.
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Celestine ostell if you could advise please

Comment

charitynjw hoping you might know the answer

Comment

You might be better posting on Pepipoo.com, or even Free Traffic Legal Advice (https://www.ftla.uk).

They are the experts on Tfl and council procedures

Comment

Have you tried simply asking them for a copy of what has been given to them as you don't have it?
          All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

I did call but they said have to go to London tribunal

Comment

Just wanted to know if they have to show you agreement not just a photo of a car and say it’s you

Comment

Originally posted by Debz17 View Post
                I did call but they said have to go to London tribunal
                If your only question really is whether TFL need to show you their letter from the hire company, it might well be that what they have told you is correct. But as you have said that you are going to London Tribunal anyway, why would that be a problem? (You say in your opening post "... but rejected going to London Tribunal...")

My understanding is that TFL will have to disclose the evidence they want to rely on to you no later than 7 days before the tribunal date.

However, if you have any other questions - like whether you have any grounds to get this charge cancelled - you should follow @DES8's advice and post on Pepipoo and/or FTLA forums. (If you go to Pepipoo do not register with a Hotmail address. You won't be accepted).

But if you do go to those other forums you will have to provide much more information than you have here. Make sure you follow all the instructions in their "READ THIS FIRST" sticky threads.

Particular questions that arise from your opening post include:

1. You say you have evidence to prove that you did not hire the car. What is it? Did you provide that evidence to TFL when they wrote to you on 7th December requesting further evidence from you?

2. Have you asked the Hire company for proof that you did not hire the car? If "yes", have they not provided it?

3. You haven't shown us what representations you made to TFL against the charge, but it's obvious from TFL's letter that you seem to be claiming that the hire company have fraudulently named you as the hirer, and that this has happened several times before. Can you explain what on earth that is all about?

Comment

I've just tried to post on here referring (amongst other things) to the two forums mentioned by @DES8.

Yet again one of my posts has been blocked for no reason at all. The excuse that keeps being given is that the site software must recognise the references as spam, in which case (1) how has DES8's post got through, and (2) if this site's spam filters are so good why is it always inundated with spam???

Can echat11 and/or EXC please unblock the post?

Thank you....

Comment

What's happened - again! - to my two posts?

Comment

EXC and echat11 - can you unblock my two posts please???

Comment

Sorry. So much for AI !

Comment

Artificial Idiocy?

(Seriously - it needs to work better. That's four threads of mine that have been blocked - apparently for no reason...)
                          Last edited by Manxman; 8th February 2024, 14:58:PM.

Comment

If you are going to London Tribunals anyway (and your opening post appears to say that you are) then TFL should disclose to you the evidence that they intend to rely on at least 7 days before the tribunal date. I suspect – but don’t know for sure - they don’t need to disclose it before then.

If that is NOT your only question and you want to know more – like can you get this charge cancelled – then go to the two sites mentioned by des8. But if you do go there you will need to provide a lot more info than you have here.

Some particular questions that arise from your opening post (and which you should mention at the outset on the other sites) include:

1. You say you have evidence that you did not hire the car. What is that evidence and did you provide it to TFL after they requested further evidence from you in their letter dated 07 December?

2. Have you asked the hire company for evidence that you did not hire the car? If you have, what did they say?

3. You haven’t told us what your initial reps were to TFL against the charge, but TFL’s letter to you suggests that you claimed the hire co. had fraudulently named you and that this had happened several times before. What’s that all about?

Comment

Originally posted by Manxman View Post
                              EXC and echat11 - can you unblock my two posts please???
                              Sorry, no such power, just a mere mortal, they don't want the site to malfunction.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X