• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem with car dealer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with car dealer

I am looking for advise regarding a car I was sold.
    After purchasing it with a 3 month warranty I noticed it would swerve on its own. Took it to a garage and they said it was dangerous. I reported it to the dealer and they said to get a quote. The garage were too busy to do it but gave a quote as to what it might be. They said they could get it done cheaper and collected the car after asking me to take it to them and me saying it was dangerous and wouldnt drive it. They carried out some work to it. On collection I noticed it was no different. So left it with them. After a couple of weeks I asked for a re fund as hadn't had any news. I was told no and only a partial re fund. After a lot of emails he wouldn't give me my re fund and now I have found out there isn't a warranty on the car either. He said I can collect the car as he says the fault is driver error even though a garage said its dangerous. So expects me to drive home a dangerous car . Where do I stand?
    Tags: None

As the dealer is denying there is a fault with the car you are going to need to obtain an independent engineer's report to prove there is a serious fault.
    Unfortunately this is going to cost you money but you are entitled to claim it back if you end up making a court claim.
    Provide you do not use the car for business purposes you have consumer legal rights under CRA 2015, 30 day short term right to reject or final right to reject, depending on how long you have had the car.

Comment

How did you pay?

Comment

I am not a mechanic but I experienced the same fault with my car years ago.
        If the car is pulling to one side when you brake then the fault is probably sticking brake calipers, which was the cause of my problem.
        This fault can be intermittent, the calipers don't always stick.
        There is a chance the dealer tested your car's steering and didn't check the brakes, or only checked the brakes quickly

Comment

Kwik-Fit claim their expert brake technicians will carry out a free, no obligation car brake inspection and provide the customer with a written brake report and quote for work required.
          There may be no need to pay for an engineer's report.
          As the dealer has claimed the fault is "driver error" and nothing to do with the car, you could pay Kwik Fit to fix the fault and then start a claim against the dealer for Kwik-Fit's charge plus the cost of your inconvenience they have caused you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X