• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Speeding fines - paid and admitted but court papers sent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding fines - paid and admitted but court papers sent?

Hi,

In may I moved to a new town and stupidly got caught 3 times in two weeks speeding (36/37/37) at the same junction.

I sent off the form filling in all my details and admitting fault - then went online to pay the speeding fines.

6 months later I have just been sent court papers as I didn't fill in the means testing form originally apparently.

I was sent back a copy of the form I filled in - do I simply return that form and the printed receipts of payment of the fines to the court?

Please help, I am very confused!
    Tags: None

Did you by any chance already have 3 points?

Comment

Hi IslandGirl,

Yes I did... with the three offences I have paid for it takes my points to 15 once they have been added to my license. I had another one which went to court and I have got the points and paid that fine too - just waiting on the three last ones.

So I had 3 points, got another three which have been added - waiting for another 9.

I'm just waiting to see how long i'll be banned for now.
      Last edited by Stiggy; 20th November 2023, 14:02:PM.

Comment

Usually 6 months - see below. Exceptional circumstances can be argued but it is an extremely high bar...
        https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk...qualification/

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
          Usually 6 months - see below. Exceptional circumstances can be argued but it is an extremely high bar...
          https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk...qualification/
          So, should i send the original completed forms to the court with my receipts for the fine payments?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

I would ring the court. I suspect you are being asked to go so you will be banned (it is done in person)

Comment

When you say "court papers" what have you actually received?

If you accept a Conditional Offer of a Fixed Penalty when you have nine or more points, your acceptance will be denied and you will face court action. What offence(s) do the papers mention. I would guess that it's just the one which would take you to 12 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Stiggy View Post

So, should i send the original completed forms to the court with my receipts for the fine payments?

Thanks for your help!
                If they are telling you that you will have to attend court because you've collected 12 (or is it 15?) points, it won't matter that you tried to pay the Conditional Offers of a Fixed Penalty. They're going to ban you - they aren't bothered that you didn't fill in the income form.

Have you checked your bank account? Have they refunded you the three penalties you tried to pay?

As HandyAndy asked you, what do the "court papers" actually say?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X