• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd & DCBL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon des8

I've logged into money claim online today and saw this:

"A bar has been put in place on this claim. You cannot respond to the claim at this time."

I sent the defence last night around 10pm and the paper version has gone to the claimant today. Is this usual?

Comment

It is standard practice for a bar to be put in place when a defence has been filed to prevent the claimant obtaining a default
      judgment

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        It is standard practice for a bar to be put in place when a defence has been filed to prevent the claimant obtaining a default
        judgment
        Good morning Des8,

I submitted the defence on Thursday, they still haven't updated the recent transactions field in the moneyclaim.

In your experience, how long should it take for them to update the claim with the received defence?

Many thanks.

Comment

Your defence was received on 19/06/2024
          There we go, I can rest now.
          Last edited by ecalid; 19th June 2024, 11:06:AM.

Comment

Hi all, just a quick update to keep you in the loop.

DQ's have been issued on the 15th so I'm just waiting for these to arrive in the post.

Last edited by ecalid; 17th July 2024, 15:19:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecalid View Post
              Hi all, just a quick update to keep you in the loop.

DQ's have been issued on the 15th so I'm just waiting for these to arrive in the post.

DQ's sent today, recorded delivery to both the court and the claimant.

Opted for mediation, but will obviously only accept nothing less than full discontinuance.

Comment

Good morning

Just a quick update.

Mediation appointment pencilled in.

Comment

Good morning all,

Just a quick update.

Had mediation today, Claimant offered a reduced settlement of £200, I counter offered with £1. Not accepted.

Mediator seemed to be very much on board with the Claimant, almost pushing for me to settle for their offer. No thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the update.
                    Mediator should not be siding with either party, but probably thinking that if he/she can persuade you to agree terms it reflects well on his/her abilities.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X