• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Uk Parking Partrol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk Parking Partrol

Hope someone can help can they use no liability as they failed to meet schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedom Act 2012? Letter received dated 8th June issue date 15th April the letter does state notice to keeper served transfer liability naming hirer than at the top of letter states as the driver is liable. So who is liable the driver or hirer
    attached original letter and email response
    Attached Files
    Tags: ostell

Celestine

Comment

Originally posted by Debz17 View Post
      Hope someone can help can they use no liability as they failed to meet schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedom Act 2012? Letter received dated 8th June issue date 15th April the letter does state notice to keeper served transfer liability naming hirer than at the top of letter states as the driver is liable. So who is liable the driver or hirer
      attached original letter and email response
      Was other documentation supplied with the Notice? (Eg, the hire agreement).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

charitynjw no nothing

Comment

charitynjw no nothing
          You state rather confidently that 'they' failed Sch 4 PoFA.
          In what way?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Don’t they have a time frame when they need to request keeper/hirer details from the date of the ticket? They state that if driver details not given then hired is responsible but it’s been past the time scale. Please correct me I’m want advice

Comment

Don’t they have a time frame when they need to request keeper/hirer details from the date of the ticket? They state that if driver details not given then hired is responsible but it’s been past the time scale. Please correct me I’m want advice
              The relevant timeframe is a moveable feast, depending on the circumstances surrounding the issue of the pcn.
              For example, was a windscreen ticket affixed to the vehicle?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Letter states fixed but they was not the driver

Comment

charitynjw as not driver I just see it states fixed to screen

Comment

charitynjw as not driver I just see it states fixed to screen
                    If a pcn is affixed to the vehicle, the driver has 28 days to respond.
                    If no response, the parking company can contact DVLC for registered keeper details (in this case, the hire company).
                    A Notice to Keeper can then be served. (29-56 days window allowed).
                    The hire company can either accept liability, or can furnish details of the hirer together with relevant documentation as evidence. (21 days allowed from service of NtK).
                    A Notice to Hirer plus evidence is then served on the nominated person per the hire company's info.

See https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4 and https://irp.cdn-website.com/262226a6...ractice_v8.pdf for more detailed information.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

charitynjw I dealing with this for someone else so I’m sorry to be a pain I read through info that you sent to be completely honest don’t really understand but if no proof of documentation i.e hirer agreement and the hirer wasn’t the actual driver do they have an agreement/case against the ticket?

Comment

With the Notice to Hirer was a cop of the hire agreement and the original PCN also included?

Comment

Bear in mind that you may need to prove that the supporting documentation was not included with the Notice.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

ostell no just the letter that was posted

Comment

Is this relevant?

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the hirer/keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply the additional documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me, the hirer keeper..

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

send at the last possible moment (21 days?) so that they cannot reissue

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X