• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help writing defence

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help writing defence

Hi all, New here so please be gentle.

Back story - I moved into my property in 2019, it's a housing association and parking is controlled by a private company. At sign up I was told that I would get parking as I am a disabled (registered, also have a blue badge and a movability car). A private parking company controls the parking on the estate where I live. I have no choice but to park on the property as I can not park on the areas surrounding as my mobility is limited. The surrounding areas are also controlled areas by the council and they have refused to give parking permits.

I attended court for judgement to be set aside as I did not receive the response pack from Northampton county court. My request is, what case law and how to I build my defence in regards to discrimination and equality?

I am desperate and this is my first time doing something like this, they want a ridiculous amount of money as this is for a number of parking tickets. Any help will be grateful.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Originally posted by hudz1985 View Post
    Hi all, New here so please be gentle.

Back story - I moved into my property in 2019, it's a housing association and parking is controlled by a private company. At sign up I was told that I would get parking as I am a disabled (registered, also have a blue badge and a movability car). A private parking company controls the parking on the estate where I live. I have no choice but to park on the property as I can not park on the areas surrounding as my mobility is limited. The surrounding areas are also controlled areas by the council and they have refused to give parking permits.

I attended court for judgement to be set aside as I did not receive the response pack from Northampton county court. My request is, what case law and how to I build my defence in regards to discrimination and equality?

I am desperate and this is my first time doing something like this, they want a ridiculous amount of money as this is for a number of parking tickets. Any help will be grateful.

Thank you
    Why was there a set aside hearing?
    Was the court claim sent to a wrong address?
    I'm guessing that the set aside was allowed, but confirmation would be good, plus an idea of the subsequent court order & instruction.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Comment

Charitynjw, there a couple of threads relating to this same matter. is it possible to combine them to save confussion

Comment

CWOT did not reply to any request for information to assist from Charitynjw and myself

Comment

Originally posted by tesla6518 View Post
            Charitynjw, there a couple of threads relating to this same matter. is it possible to combine them to save confussion
            Lol.
            Beagles Admin wouldn't let me anywhere near the operating levers.
            Can't say I would blame them either.
            EXC
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I can't merge the threads as they're in different sub forums I'm afraid.

Comment

...unless ULA can do it?

Comment

Hi, I can merge 2 threads but sometimes it can end up with a messy thread and I thinknthat may be an issue this time as the other thread is quite long and has more information on it.

May be better to close this thread and then make a post from the other tagging the OP to say that is the thread we are now using.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
                  If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Ok, thread closed. Here is the other thread Help write defence, disabled man, can't park on my estate, - LegalBeagles Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X