• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement notice sent by Marston Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcement notice sent by Marston Recovery

Hi All,

Please can someone help me respond to this notice of enforcement for something that happened on January 20th 2023.

A few days ago I received this letter from Marston Recovery for the offence but prior to this I have never seen any correspondence relating to this from Waltham forest Council or even any from the county court.

Please can some advise the best course of action.

Should I call Waltham forest Council? Northampton County Court?

Bob
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Innocent111; 11th June 2023, 23:49:PM.
    Tags: None

It's a council parking ticket and you would have received that letter because you failed to pay or appeal the ticket so it has been sent to bailiffs for enforcement.

I guess the first question is, are you aware of any parking ticket based on the description given and if you are, did you decide to ignore it?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

This was issued for turning left from one road to the other.

I never saw the signage in the dark.

With regards to correspondence I never received anything in the post

Thanks for the reply.

This was issued for turning left from one road to the another.

I never saw the signage in the dark.

With regards to correspondence, I never received anything in the post and wouldn't ignore it.

Comment

I suggest you follow this link and have a read about the section regarding Witness Statements. You will need to submit your witness statement confirming that you never received any PCN or correspondence in relation to the parking offence until you received the enforcement notice. Per the link, it needs to be submitted through the Traffic Enforcement Centre. Once submitted and accepted, it should go back to the PCN stage and then you have the option to appeal by making representations or paying the fine.

https://www.londontribunals.gov.uk/e...nt-process#rod

https://www.gov.uk/appeal-against-a-penalty-charge-notice/court-order

Any questions, let us know.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. Much appreciated. I will try this route and report back on how it progresses.

Comment

For some reason the .gov link referred back to the first link but the correct link is below, you will need to use TEC7 form I believe.

https://www.gov.uk/appeal-against-a-...ce/out-of-time

I believe once the form is submitted, enforcement should stop pending the outcome. You would be wise to notify Marstons about that too as they will be ignorant of that fact and probably come after you anyway.
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Submitted via email as per the instruction on the website. The process for the position of this PCN is that I was required to submit a TE7 and a TE9 form.
              When the forms were sent over, the automatic response email states that the decision making process takes 8 to 10 weeks.

Appreciate the information provided.

Comment

The Traffic Enforcement Centre asked that fill out the PE2 and PE3 forms. Have done these and had them attested. The forms have been sent over.

However, when caling the Marston Recovery, they said as this is the last day you can respond or apply for Out Of Time from tomorrow onwards this notice could escalate further and recommended I set up a pay plan while the decision is made as this will stop all further action. I also asked if the agent can send me an email of what was discussed but at that point said, he can't email from where he was located.

I believe TEC inform the council and they then inform the enforcement agent - not how long that takes?

I have not done so yet and wanted your advice on how I should proceed with them? One thing which was not quite right, they asked me for my DOB.

Please let me know your thoughts/suggestions.

Thank you.
                Last edited by Innocent111; 13th June 2023, 14:46:PM.

Comment

The relevant rules for Traffic Enforcement Centre are laid out in the Civil Procedure Rules Part 75 and the Practice Direction (link here). Paragraph 8.1 of the Practice Direction says that if you submit an out of time witness statement then the local authority must suspend enforcement until your application has been determined.

To cover all bases, I would be inclined to keep all correspondence in writing moving forward, no calls as Marstons can say anything and then deny it at a later date unless you have a recording of the call. Write to Marstons, copy in the council if you can find a relevant email address and confirm that you submitted your witness statement and, according the CPR 75, Practice Direction 8.1 the local authority must suspend enforcement pending the outcome of the application. Either attach your witness statement and/or if you have confirmation of receipt from the TEC of your submission provide an attachment as evidence that it has been done.

As they are now on notice that an application has been submitted, you reserve all rights both criminal and civil in respect of any attempt by Marstons to enforce the warrant and take any goods or continue to demand payment prior to your application being determined by the TEC.

Marstons should back down but they are very underhand so I wouldn't be surprised if someone decides to attend your property, just make sure all doors and windows are locked so they can't gain entry peacefully.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X