• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DRP letters re PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRP letters re PCN

Any help and advice appreciate.

I received a letter from DRP dated 5/5/23 regarding a PCN, offence date of 5/2/23. DRP state I have failed to respond to 2 letters from parking firm Ocean Parking dated 9/2/23 & 9/3/23 therefore must pay £160. I didn’t receive the 2x letters from Ocean Parking but this was due to me not updating my address details at DVLA. Oversight on my Part as updated licence but not keeper certificate.
    I did try to appeal on grounds of not receiving any letters and only knowing of the offence on receipt of DRP letter but this rejected on basis outside timeframe.
    I then submitted a complaint which was also rejected as the considered this ‘an appeal’ so this to turned down.

The signage at the site is not clear. I parked beside commercial bins where no signs are up. I didn’t leave my car (passenger went to a toilet nearby) and I was less than 10 minutes.

I emailed both parking company and DRP on 23/5/33 to say I was going to fight the case. Requested photographic evidence and also requested a DSAR but no reply or acknowledgment.

last letter from DRP said I need to pay by 29/5/23.

Should I pay up to avoid legal action?

Is there a grace period of 10 mins for parking before a fine can be issued?

offence is parking with no permit.

Thanks for any help.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by 3Rs View Post
    Any help and advice appreciate.

I received a letter from DRP dated 5/5/23 regarding a PCN, offence date of 5/2/23. DRP state I have failed to respond to 2 letters from parking firm Ocean Parking dated 9/2/23 & 9/3/23 therefore must pay £160. I didn’t receive the 2x letters from Ocean Parking but this was due to me not updating my address details at DVLA. Oversight on my Part as updated licence but not keeper certificate.
    I did try to appeal on grounds of not receiving any letters and only knowing of the offence on receipt of DRP letter but this rejected on basis outside timeframe.
    I then submitted a complaint which was also rejected as the considered this ‘an appeal’ so this to turned down.

The signage at the site is not clear. I parked beside commercial bins where no signs are up. I didn’t leave my car (passenger went to a toilet nearby) and I was less than 10 minutes.

I emailed both parking company and DRP on 23/5/33 to say I was going to fight the case. Requested photographic evidence and also requested a DSAR but no reply or acknowledgment.

last letter from DRP said I need to pay by 29/5/23.

Should I pay up to avoid legal action?

Is there a grace period of 10 mins for parking before a fine can be issued?

offence is parking with no permit.

Thanks for any help.
    From now & going forward, ignore DRP & do not communicate with them.
    They are debt collectors whose only interest is to try & make people pay up, usually with demands containing BIG SCARY RED-LETTERED WORDS & threats.
    &, of course, try to lump on an extra £70 to the original amount claimed
    The fact is, they are not party to the alleged contract, so have no locus standi in the matter.
    Just file the letters.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X