• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dealer in Isle of Man wants to buy my car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer in Isle of Man wants to buy my car

I have a car for sale on Auto Trader and been contacted by an older gentleman who is helping his friend is Isle of Man (trader) buy our car. It sounded a little dodgy at the time but we have spoken and discussed our concerns and we’re 98% sure it’s OK. They said they wanted out full log book with it going to the Isle of Man. What do we need to do from our end to show we don’t own the vehicle anymore?
    Tags: None

Opinion. First, they MUST MAKE FULL PAYMENT TO YOUR BANK, or come and collect the car, and pay you, "cash take him to the Bank pay in full", you do not part with any documents to do with the car until you are paid in full. My experience a month ago, call it a car, this message, just what I want, ok, please hold it for me, I am traveling from Ireland, I am booking the boat over, messages daily, I then said bring cash, ok I will be bringing with me, them on the day he is due he says, my vehicle has broken down, please can you arrange delivery, ME NO. He then says his Sister in law has broken her leg, and cannot make it. So the lesson is don't rush to sell the car, do not rush then regret in leisure.

Comment

If you are uncertain contact DVLA, but I think the seller has to complete, detach and return the permanent export section of the V5 to DVLA.
      If that is correct do ensure you obtain a free certificate of posting from Post Office (as contrary to their claims the DVLA often lose documents!)

Comment

So far as I'm aware it shouldn't be any different selling to a buyer on the Isle of Man rather than one in the UK. Simply follow the instructions regarding sale on the V5C or - as des8 suggests - check with DVLA.

Or you could try calling these people on 01624 686843 and get it from the horse's mouth - Isle of Man Government - Vehicle registration and licensing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X