• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SJNP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJNP

I got pulled over by the police driving a friends car.I was asked if I was insured to drive the car,I said yes because i had a fully comp
    insurance on my personal car which allows me to drive another car on a third party policy.After their checks on the their data base,they informed
    me that i wasnt insured to drive my friends car.
    A letter was sent to me in the post after a week with a conditional fixed penalty offer of 6 points plus 300 pounds fine.
    I requested a written a letter from my insurers which clearly stated that i was insured to drive the friends car.I then wrote to the police
    declining the offer and included all relevant documents to prove that i had valid insurance on my car and that of my friends insurance policy
    which allows a third party to drive his car with his full consent.
    They replied with a SJNP stating that I have to contest in court.
    Any help please?
    Tags: None

Did the police at the roadside give any reason for suspecting you were uninsured? Does your policy have any conditions placed on the "Driving Other Cars" section? For example, does it have an age limit or a condition that the other car has its own insurance cover?

If you're certain that you were definitely insured, return the SJPN entering a Not Guilty plea. In the box where you are asked to give reasons for your plea, outline them as you have here. You can attached a copy of your insurer's letter if you wish. Because of your Not Guilty plea, your case will be taken out of the "Single Justice" process (that process cannot deal with Not Guilty pleas) and listed for a hearing in the normal Magistrates' Court, which you will have to attend. With any luck somebody will pick it up before your trial date and hopefully discontinue the matter (though don't count on it).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X