• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking ticket

Hi, looking for some advice. i had a eurocarparks parking ticket and received it after the 14 days discount period. I paid it on the day i recieved it and they then sent a request for payment of £75 because i'd paid after the 14 days. I appealed saying i had not recieved it in 14 days. I recieved it 27th nov 2022 and the were postal strikes at the beginng on november. My claim was rejected in january as they stated i did park there on the date but did not address my point on the date i recieved the fine. I did not follow up with popla as I should have done to appeal this as i thought maybe they missed my payment and i have been sick since the 26th december with 2 chest infections which i could get doctors notes for. i have now recieved a letter from a deb collector for £145. I rang them to explain they basically said I can’t prove I didn’t receive the letter after the 14 days so I have no case and need to pay them. what should I do now? I feel like I’m being held to ransom even though I’ve paid the fine.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Berry44 View Post
    Hi, looking for some advice. i had a eurocarparks parking ticket and received it after the 14 days discount period. I paid it on the day i recieved it and they then sent a request for payment of £75 because i'd paid after the 14 days. I appealed saying i had not recieved it in 14 days. I recieved it 27th nov 2022 and the were postal strikes at the beginng on november. My claim was rejected in january as they stated i did park there on the date but did not address my point on the date i recieved the fine. I did not follow up with popla as I should have done to appeal this as i thought maybe they missed my payment and i have been sick since the 26th december with 2 chest infections which i could get doctors notes for. i have now recieved a letter from a deb collector for £145. I rang them to explain they basically said I can’t prove I didn’t receive the letter after the 14 days so I have no case and need to pay them. what should I do now? I feel like I’m being held to ransom even though I’ve paid the fine.
    If it were me I'd wait to see if they issue a letter before claim.
    Much easier & safer to deal with it if it gets to that stage.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I'm worried that they are going to keep sending me bigger and bigger amounts its going to escalate? I,m also worried that if I do nothing and wait it will look bad on me if it did go to court that I made no contact to resolve? Can you be taken to court for something you have paid?

Comment

Originally posted by Berry44 View Post
        I'm worried that they are going to keep sending me bigger and bigger amounts its going to escalate? I,m also worried that if I do nothing and wait it will look bad on me if it did go to court that I made no contact to resolve? Can you be taken to court for something you have paid?
        Their Code of Practice doesn't permit any further escalation of charge at this stage.
        The added fee for debt recovery is challengeable.
        Before a court claim can be issued (thus adding court fees & minimal legal fees if applicable), a letter before claim should be sent to you, with a PAP response pack enclosed.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X