• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arnold Clark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold Clark

My daughter bought a car from Arnold Clark eight months ago on finance. Started to feel sluggish so took it back to Arnold Clark,but was told they couldn't look at it for 3 weeks.
    But within that time it broke down whilst shopping, the RAC called and was informed the timing chained had snapped and now needs a new engine.
    She has called the finance company and has a complaint number. Arnold Clark not interested. She still owes £5000 plus on the car and another £2000 if repaired.
    Any help or advise would be useful.
    Tags: None

Please post up full details including a timeline of when purchased, returned for repair etc
    Plus details of make , model, mileage when purchased and mileage now and price paid.
    You say finance involved, but was a credit card used for deposit?

Comment

Hi, purchased 23rd April 2022 for £6.700 Renault Clio 2013 .Milage when bought 83.000 now 93.000. Part exchanged,approx £2000. First took it back to Arnoild Clark 3rd February 2023 for them to take a look told to come back in 3 weeks 23rd February as they were fully booked. But broke down sooner called RAC and have the report. Called finance company and have a 'complaint number'.also rang Arnold Clark no help. Also told by finance companyto get an engineers report to establish if the fault was there prior to buying.I phoned one of the numbers given, but he said he was not mechanical and I would be throwing good money after bad. A new engine I'm told could cost £2000 which I just don't have Hope this helps.

Comment

Well you do have a problem as having had the vehicle for 9.5 months before reporting a fault to the dealer, it is for you to prove the vehicle was unsatisfactory at the time of delivery 23.04.2022.

your only hope will be an independent engineers report detailing the problem and demonstrating it must have been present at the time of purchase.

Probably your best way forward is to purchase a second hand engine and have it fitted

Comment

Seems to be the best bet but being quoted £2.500 for a recon engine fitted hurts. But thanks.

Comment

That sounds expensive ......
            I'd expect a Clio engine to be around £500-£600 plus a max of 20 hours labour

I know it's 10 years old , but this thread might give you encouragement: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...f=23&t=1380209

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X