• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcing Motor Ombudsman decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcing Motor Ombudsman decision

Hi LegalBeagles!

To cut a long story short, purchased a vechicle in mid 2019, raised with The Motor Ombudsman end of 2019 as no resolution with the garage.

TMO have at long last, ruled in my favor in the Final Decision and have awarded some costs that I had to pay for a repair.

I understand that the Ombudsman Final decision is legally binding as its been accepted by myself, but now the garage is trying to dispute the award directly with myself.

Any way to force them to pay, via something like a N322A form?
    Tags: None

N322A is the way forward, altho' I understand the ombudsman service might put pressure on the dealer to comply (so might be worth asking them)

Comment

Perfect thanks.

What would you put under the "Legislation that allows you to enforce"? Would this be referencing CRA 2015 S23 Right to Repair?

I have been asking to the ombudsman to get this resolved and, after 3+ months according to TMO T&Cs, they should be suspended and reported to ICAP but nothing yet, then again, we don't get to see that side of things!

Comment

As it Is the Ombudsman's final decision, you could enter:
        “Section 228(5) of Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 ( FSMA) makes FOS awards final and binding. Schedule 17 para 16 FSMA allows a court to order that a FOS decision may be recovered by execution as if it were Court Order”.

Comment

Would this go by as its more referencing a financial ombudsman decision rather than a TMO.

Comment

Part XVI of the act (which includes sec 228 referred to earlier) is actually headed "The Ombudsman Scheme" and doesn't refer individually to the FOS so change the quote (which I had lifted from elsewhere) from "FOS" to "ombudsman"

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

N322A is the way forward, altho' I understand the ombudsman service might put pressure on the dealer to comply (so might be worth asking them)
              That would be my first course of action.

I'm not certain the FSMA applies to the Motor Ombudsman. (Isn't it a trade body rather than one set up under statute?)

Comment

My understanding is that the motor ombudsman is approved by the government under the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (competent Authorities and Information)Regulations 2015 which is Statutory Instrument 2015 No 542 Part 2 Regulation 10

Comment

OK. Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X