• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I changed lanes into bus lane as it ended, grounds for appeal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I changed lanes into bus lane as it ended, grounds for appeal?

Hey guys,

I got a bus lane fine for driving in a bus lane for its final 20 metres.

I have sent first appeal which was rejected, obviously.

I can't deny being in the bus lane, however my argument (which is the truth) was that I had simply changed lanes as the bus lane terminated in preparation for the junction ahead. I was turning left and needed to be in the left lane.

The rejection stated:
    The bus lane terminates before the junction and there are road surface arrows indicating the location at which drivers may merge to the nearside lane. There is no legal provision allowing cars to be driven 20 metres in a bus lane.

All this is true, the signage is clear, I knew it was a restricted bus lane.

My only offence is being a bit premature.

Do I just need to suck this one up or is there any chance of getting it cancelled at tribunal?
    Last edited by Chris D; 12th November 2022, 19:03:PM.
    Tags: bus lane, fine, pcn

Is tis a Llondon ouncil bus lane? If so there is a solid technical challenge on London bus lanes because the cameras do not have home Office approval.

Register on http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php? (not a Hotmail email address) and they will help you

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
      Is tis a Llondon ouncil bus lane? If so there is a solid technical challenge on London bus lanes because the cameras do not have home Office approval.

Register on http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php? (not a Hotmail email address) and they will help you
      Your post was caught by the spam filter for some reason so have approved it.

Comment

He has admitted the offence.

Comment

No it's not London, it's Sandwell MBC.

I can't really deny the offence when there's a video of me doing it.

I just wondered if there were ground to appeal along the lines of whether it's fair and reasonable to issue a fine in this circumstance. It's not like I drove a significant distance in the bus lane, or used it to avoid traffic or anything like that.

Comment

People are regularly fined for doing exactly what you did. It is why the camras are towards the end of the lane. Sorry.

Comment

You drove in a bus lane. Full stop.
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

No worries, always worth asking

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris D View Post
                  No it's not London, it's Sandwell MBC.
                  Nevertheless, it will still be worth registering on http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php? (not a Hotmail email address). They have a good success record with council pcn's

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X