• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SJP Court Hearing tomorrow - Need advice and reassurance!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJP Court Hearing tomorrow - Need advice and reassurance!

TLDR Magistrates hearing tomorrow, identity stolen and attached to a car/driver that isn't mine/me. Don't know what to do!

Hi everyone,

So, quick summary - i have had a number of parking tickets and speeding fines registered against my name. The vehicle isn't mine and I don't know the driver. I believe someone has stolen my identity and are racking up all these charges. I have got a letter from the DVLA confirming the vehicle is and never was mine, and the image from the speed camera is clearly not me. That being said, I have to go to magistrates court tomorrow for a hearing for failure to notify them of the driver and for the original offence. I suffer with anxiety so naturally my mind has been going all over the place ever since. I just don't know what to prepare, what to expect from the hearing and how to best put across my case. I know i'm not guilty but I don't know if I trust myself under the stress of the hearing to be able to calmly put across my case.

Can anyone suggest any other evidence I can take to prove my case, also what to expect from the hearing? If this does go to trial I'll have to hire a solicitor but I would really rather it didn't go that far and common sense prevails.

Thank you :-)
    Last edited by Anorak174; 16th May 2022, 09:52:AM. Reason: Some weird emoji appeared
    Tags: None

As you have evidence that the vehicle is not yours, don't worry. The courts are there to ensure that the guilty are convicted not the innocent. You should find them helpful and understanding. They have many such cases and it is not unusual.

Comment

SJP Court Hearing tomorrow...
      If tomorrow is a "Single Justice Procedure" hearing, you cannot attend. Nobody can. Have you had a Single Justice Procedure Notice and did you respond to it? If so, what was your response?

As for the matter itself, did you respond to the request for driver's details? If you did, how did you respond?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X