• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Third party insurer not paying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third party insurer not paying

Hi,

My 87 year old father was involved in a not at fault accident.
    This was 6 months ago.

He has now had letters from his insurer and also the courtesy hire car company nominated by said insurance
    stating that the third party are not paying out and that the matter may go to court.

My father is now worried he will be asked to pay even though he was the not at fault party.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

If your father has a comprehensive policy (which includes provision of a courtesy car) he will not be asked to pay for anything (except his own excess and some insurers waive that in the event of a no fault claim). The court action being mentioned is probably an attempt by his insurer to recover their outlay from the Third Party.

Comment

your father might ask the people who wrote those letters to clarify their intentions and what, if anything, they ask of him.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

i just wonder if that was a courtesy car or a credit hire car.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X