• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Curious reply from my solicitor when I sent him a SAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious reply from my solicitor when I sent him a SAR

Following 6 months of this solicitor telling me he is trying to have my medical legal reports amended of inaccuracies which were in my hospital records.
    These have since been proven false & a apology given by the hospital who made them.
    ie: I1. I removed a cast from my injured arm. 2. I missed follow up appointments.

Here is the SAR I sent below:

Is his reply appropriate or have I rattle his cage & has he taking offence at been called out.

Please supply the personal data you hold about me, which I am entitled to receive under data protection law as requested below.
    • emails & information shared between Barrister A & Solicitor A regarding the case for compensation you are dealing with regarding myself from ( SEPTEMBER 2021 to APRIL 2022)
    • emails & phone calls between A Solicitors & 3 Consultants regarding their medical reports in connection with my case from ( SEPTEMBER 2021 to April 2022)
    • All details on how this case is to be funded & all charges & costs you will be applying.

His reply below:

Dear Sir
    This is a most unusual request to make to your own solicitor. Clearly, it is a pro forma document. It is equally clear that you are not interested in following legal advice.You are not acting in your best interests; you have an option to have your costs paid by the 3rd party insurance company, who wish to settle your case, and yet you reject that opportunity.
    Unless we can resolve matters, and I hope we can, then you will have to try to get a 4th solicitor, which will be almost impossible as all the costs are already accounted for, and you will have to pay any new solicitor yourself. You will also have to discharge my fees , and potentially those of the 2 other firms as well before your file is released. You will also have to discharge all outlay.
    Kindly consider your approach.I am happy to resolve matters and settle your case, but you must take a different attitude to the advice you are being given.
    Tags: None

Yes, I read that when you posted it earlier, without actually answering my question (https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...49#post1612649).

If a SAR is not answered in time, you may take further action. You could if you wish remind the solicitor of this.
    Last edited by atticus; 18th April 2022, 16:22:PM.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Its not a no win no fee case.

Comment

The solicitor has 30 days to respond to the SAR, it's advisable to send a follow up stating that you will give them a further 14 days to provide the requested information. After 14 days you can lodge a complaint with the ICO. You can send a further letter requesting their complaints procedure, that sometimes helps if the solicitor isn't complying.

Then you have the option of complaining to the Legal Ombudsman and SRA if you are having serious issues with the solicitor, but you have to follow the solicitor complaints procedure first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I believe he’s been losing to me & hence delaying proceedings. Hence not following SRA guidelines. Can’t see him replying to the SAR as I’m confident he has been lieing.

Comment

Make a complaint | ICO

https://ico.org.uk › make-a-complaint if after 36 days just in case then contact these people and report solicitors failure.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X