• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car accident for a learner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car accident for a learner

Hi all, so I had an accident with a stationary car just under a year ago now I believe (no one was in it or around it at all) and I got a letter through the post 7 months after the initial accident. When it occurred, my car didn't have insurance and I was willing for the other person to take it to the garage across the road and I would happily pay for all damages the next morning. However, the person refused claiming their insurance company wouldn't like that and they need to go through their insurance. One person briefly asked if I held a full licence but I think cause I was in shock I never answered. I am a learner driver, so it doesn't look good for me at all already. My grievance is that this person wants just under £3400 for a bumper repair. I have already payed £900, however I repeatedly get told that I'm being ripped off and that a bumper doesn't cost that much etc. Any advice please?
    Tags: None

What does the qualified driver who was supervising you advise?

Comment

resurrected thread from Feb - wonder what happened?

Comment

The lesson is never drive until you have all documents in your hand, Long time ago I phoned an insurance broker arranged cover, you guessed stopped on the way to pay him, walked into the office, my comment was, thank god I have cover, I have just been stopped by the Police on the way to you, reply you are not covered, until premium paid, no excuse three months ban from driveing.

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
          resurrected thread from Feb - wonder what happened?
          A spammer is what happened!
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

What a terrible story De Dogs. Yes Atticus I reported the post but just wonder about the original "offence"!!!!! Living on my island I am a bit isolated and have to keep up with the gossip...

Comment

First, check the price of the bumper yourself, but I also think that the price he asked too high. Then go to a lawyer, having a driver's license is only a plus in your favor, and it doesn`t matter if you told him about having it or not. I know a good car accident lawyer and your case is one that needs a legal solution. It's hard to say whether you`ll be banned from driving or not, but from now on be as careful as possible on the road. Especially if you`re just a novice driver. To have more time to react in the event of an incident on the road, you need to keep the maximum possible distance to the car ahead. Of course, while moving at the speed of car flow.

Comment

⬆️ Spammer - ignore

Comment

I think Lawler looking for business ?.

Comment

In the USA - favor?

Comment

In the USA - favor?
                      also "license" ?

Comment

In the USA - favor?

Originally posted by des8 View Post

also "license" ?
                        Yes, the post is purely to spam (for search engine optimisation, presumably) by using a link hidden in the text (where it says ‘car accident lawyer’) that signposts to a car accident lawyer in the USA.

Comment

And so much for ignoring

Comment

Should have moved this thread to "The Lamp Post" as entertainment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X