• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CC Claim Britannia Parking/BWLegal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC Claim Britannia Parking/BWLegal

I have received a county court claim which I intend to dispute I thought this was a joke or scam I had been disregarding ridiculous letters and at no point have I parked in the car park that they are stating then I received this official looking document. I am the owner or this vehicle and I did not park in this car park on the date specified. Is this a legitimate document ? Or a scam ?
    Tags: None

So you acknowledge the claim on day 5, or shortly after, using the password and details on the form. Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from date of issue to get your defence to the court.

Not advised to ignore letters claiming you owe money. Have you kept those letters so that you can post them up on here, especially the first one?

Comment

Thank you, I called the court number and said i disagreed with the claim made they were very helpful, I just have to send them and email stating why I disagree. They assured me it was real. Thank you for your reply

Comment

I think you have misunderstood the court staff. It is real and after acknowledging the claim you have to send the court a formal statement of defence within 33 days from the date of issue. It is not simply an email to the court staff telling them you disagree.

I suggest you do some reading about court procedures.

To be able to help we need some information about what it was about, mainly the first letter you received, the Parking Charge Notice or Notice to Keeper. If you have no documents then a SAR to Britannia and a CPR 31.14 request to BWL for all the documents they intend to use in court. Templates are in the Shortcuts panel on this page.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X