• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pcn dated 2016/ Court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pcn dated 2016/ Court claim

I was hoping I could please get some advice.
    Many years ago (18.5.2016) I parked in a disabled space at leisure park. I was with my disabled sister. On returning to my car I had a ticket in the windscreen stating I was parked without displayed the blue badge. I realised the badge had fallen down so couldn't be seen. I approached the local security nearby but they weren't helpful.I appealed the ticket stating I could evidence the restaurant receipt to show we were eating there and also could show the blue badge and get a letter from my sister supporting it was genuine. The appeal was rejected. I recall reading online advice after this and realised I shouldn't have appealed the PCN as I had and I came to the conclusion I should now ignore it.
    Sporadically i would receive a letter from them but I was very infrequent(ticket was given in 2016!).
    I was recently away and when I returned I had a letter from the county Court. Dated 11.10.21.
    I tried my best to follow forums on here as to what I needed to do.
    I registered AOS on mcol site
    I sent a SAR and a CPR. It wasn't sent as quick as I would like but I didn't get the court letter until I was home.
    Today I have received a reply.
    I have attached all letters.
    Please could you direct me to the next steps. The deadline is very near.
    Is it possible to win a case like this?
    Other than a letter from my sister proving she was with me and is a disabled badge holder, and a bank statement showing I was eating there I have nothing to offer.i was a genuine error.
    Tags: None

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211106_214137.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1595971
    Court

Comment

Name:	20211106_220522.jpg
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1595973 I didn't put the PCN number on it

Comment

This letter came with multiple photographs of my car and also the displayed signage Click image for larger version

Name:	20211106_220801.jpg
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1595975

Comment

And a copy of the original PCN?

Comment

I dont have a copy of that.

Comment

Name:	20211107_213526.jpg
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1596045

Comment

As it's got to court then one defence is that the person using the space was disabled but the failure to display it was de minimus. The failure was because the badge had slipped.

Comment

Any recommendations of what I can read to help me write this defence. I've spent hours searching online and just don't know where to start. Legal terminology is all new to me. I haveto submit something by today
                  I also don't understand the letter sent from DCB legal-is anyone able to summarise it for me in simpler terms.
                  Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

Can anyone help??

Comment

Originally posted by Wfc View Post
                      Can anyone help??
                      ostell

Comment

please

Comment

Originally posted by Wfc View Post
                          please
                          I'm not sure if this helps, clearly different but might help outline your Defence -

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...r-for-pcn-help

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/forum/legal-forums/court-claims-and-issues/1479577-parking-charge-notice-court-claim-defence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X