• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Warden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Warden

I have been issued a ticket by a traffic warden. It was my mistake i parked at the wrong place. My question though is that the warden while taking pictures of my car has also taken my pictures, I was not sitting in the car. I was outside my car and talking to him.

I have paid for my ticket as it was my mistake so no questions about that but.....

1..Can a warden take your picture like that.without any pre warning or permission from me.?
    2..Is it not the violation of Data Protection Act and my privacy ?

3.. Can I challenge this and complaint against that (if yes then to who?)

I am not trying to be cheeky here but its just a thought that crossed my mind.

i will really appreciate your precious thoughts.

Thank You All.

Tags: None

I believe that anyone can take photos in a public place so the answers would be Yes No and No though hopefully some experts in this area will be along soon to advise.

Comment

Did he warn you that you were in the wrong place? He was taking pictures on private land (??) that he is contracted to look after

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        Did he warn you that you were in the wrong place? He was taking pictures on private land (??) that he is contracted to look after
        I had parked on a double yellow line on a road. which i admit was my mistake hence i paid the ticket. I only wanted to check if the photos he took were correct or not , was he allowed to take someones personal pictures without their consent.

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
          I believe that anyone can take photos in a public place so the answers would be Yes No and No though hopefully some experts in this area will be along soon to advise.
          so anyone can take anyone's else photos without asking or warning them ?

Comment

Yes pretty much

Comment

You can take pictures of anyone in public space, no permission needed. But I may be wrong but as it was a business matter and a company camera there in breach of data protection. I know the police have to tell you when they're filming you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X