• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used car repairs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used car repairs

Hi, I purchased a used car in February that was sold with a fake mot and false service history. I've learnt the car dealer has ripped a lot of people off. The car was not roadworthy and has never bern driven. I was quoted £3000 from a peugeot garage to get the car back on the road (more than what the car is worth) After spending time trying to take the dealer to a smalls claims court without success as he vacated the car unit, I decided to go to a local garage who quoted £1000 to fix. I decided to get the parts and try to fix up the car with this garage. I've begun the work biggest job first timing belt and pump replacement, auxiliary belt and oil leaks. Since then I've learnt the car dealer has opened up again in another town, he has over £300,000 cars for sale on Facebook marketplace, my question is can I still take him to a small claims court? Even to recover the cost of repairs? Thank you for any help in advance.
    Tags: None

You have six years in which to commence court proceedings for breach of contract.
    Good luck

Comment

Is it a new Ltd company though?

Comment

Hi, no it isn't a Ltd company it never was, it looks like he has just moved premises as there were alot of people chasing him. He still trades under the same name, my question really is can I still go through small claims even though I have begun repairs to get the car on the road, thanks

Comment

Yes, you claim the cost of repairs as damages following his breach of the implied terms of your contract to purchase the car
          You will have to prove, taking into account the age of the vehicle and price paid that it was unsatisfactory

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X