• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

London Low Emission Zone, Penalty Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Low Emission Zone, Penalty Notice

Hi every one, I was wondering if any one could give me some help and advice, this morning i received 3 yes 3 Penalty Charge Notices, For driving my converted motor home ( Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 416 CDI ) i bought my van last September and have spent about 10 months converting it, my van was a HGV vehicle Category as a N2 long wheel base panel van, 4600 KG GROSS.
    After I finished work on my van I did send off to DVLA Swansea to register my van as a motor caravan and to lower my GROSS TO 3500 KG But it has now become very difficult to change stuff with Swansea I did get told this by others and I did do everything that needed to be done and more, but Swansea reject my application, but did change my logbook to a van with windows. Now my van always needed a Ministry Plating Test like a (MOT) So I booked my test when I found out that a MOT inspector can do a class 4 or class 7 MOT Test if the inspector believes the conversion has been done to a satisfactory standard, so i booked in for a MOT and then drove my van to the garage but my van would not fit on the garage ramp so i rung VOSA up and asked them where I could book my van in to a different garage which has a big enough ramp they give me a number of a garage I booked it in, and I drove the van to the garage on the day where it failed on a small job and so drove it a couple of days later when it passed a normal MOT and the Inspector has written on the MOT van converted to MOTOR HOME. on the 3 times i drove my van to be MOT is when I have driven into a low emission zone
    I live in Waltham Cross and it is right on the border of Grater London, and I never knew that there was even a LEZ just a couple of miles away so after getting my Penalty Notices I went to have a look I found 2 signs one you just can't see as it is behind a tree which i did take photos of there is no way any one can see it let alone read it the next is to late you are on the road where the ANPR cameras no turning back and I live so close by but never heard about this Low Emission zone all i hear about is the new zone that will be coming in October at the A406 North Circular.
    My Penalty Notices are for £500. EACH £1500. For the 3. If i pay them in 14 days or £1000. each £3000, after but if i do not pay in 28 days then it goes up to £1500, each £4500 for the 3.
    I just can't believe this the amount is crazy and how can they do this with out making sure every one knows about it this is like highway robbery and SIDIQ KHAN MAYOR SHOULD BE CALLED DICK TURPIN
    So if any one could give any help or advice I would be very Grateful Thanks
    Tags: None

With something like your problem you are better posting on Pepipoo (http://forums.pepipoo.com/)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1588980

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210827_123913 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1588982

Comment

How can it be legal or fair if you do not know or can you see any signs or information about this LEZ

Comment

Originally posted by van.man View Post
            How can it be legal or fair if you do not know or can you see any signs or information about this LEZ
            So you need to post on the advised site and the following is your defence - 'I went to have a look I found 2 signs one you just can't see as it is behind a tree which i did take photos of there is no way any one can see it let alone read it the next is to late you are on the road where the ANPR cameras no turning back and I live so close by but never heard about this Low Emission zone all i hear about is the new zone that will be coming in October at the A406 North Circular.'

You might also want to inform the council (via email, don't tell them about the fines), that there isn't a clear sight of the signs due to a tree and that they should do something about it.

If they trim the tree or do something, you will have before and possibly after pictures.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X