• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please... who's at fault?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please... who's at fault?

Hi all, first time poster so please be gentle...

I'm hoping any advice supplied will be straight forward so here goes...

At a roundabout I was 2nd in queue, turning left. Foot on brake whilst looking to my right, I could see the coast was clear, looked in front of me and the lead car moved forward to go and suddenly stopped (roundabout was still clear to go) and I rear ended him. Simply question, am I at fault or him? He blamed another car coming from the right that shot out of nowhere, hence why he braked suddenly (I certainly didn't see this car).

We happen to be with the same insurance company, we exchanged details and he's going to price up the bits for his car and mine too as he works for a scrappers. I've a feeling he'll want me to pay for these parts but really don't think I'm the one at fault even though I rear ended him. There was absolutely no reason for him to start to leave the roundabout then suddenly stop..

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm leaning towards calling my insurance company and going down that route...

Many thanks, Keith.
    Tags: None

Your fault, you should have been prepared to stop if the way ahead was not clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Your fault, you should have been prepared to stop if the way ahead was not clear.
      Sorry but this is a well-known scam, I should know it happened to me and Mesabi, this has been shown on TV as well, our relative behind a car all of a sudden the car in front in reverse, two women screaming help, their problem was the driver in the rear car was a Policeman Opppppps. Get a Dash Cam no argument and one for the rear window.

Comment

Probably not a scam, it happens. I've had a taxi hit me from behind in just this situation.

Comment

What would worry me is he works for a 'scrappers', 'he's going to price up the bits for his car and mine too as he works for a scrappers', is he going to put in a injury claim?

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
            What would worry me is he works for a 'scrappers', 'he's going to price up the bits for his car and mine too as he works for a scrappers', is he going to put in a injury claim?
            The one with my wife did £1,800 when my wife questioned why she braked so hard with no cars coming round the lady said "I'm new to the area. The one with our relative, they cried whiplash again paid compensation, but he reported them to the insurance it is now on their record

Comment

Whatever happened report it to your insurers (you will have to tell them about it at renewal anyway)
              Tell them the circumstances, insist the other driver was at fault and leave it to them.

Is your insurance comprehensive or Third Party only?

Comment

Just a thought, he (scrappers chap) might have some pre-accident damage to his car and is hoping that the OP's insurance company, which happens to be the same as his.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                  Whatever happened report it to your insurers (you will have to tell them about it at renewal anyway)
                  Tell them the circumstances, insist the other driver was at fault and leave it to them.

Is your insurance comprehensive or Third Party only?

Morning Des. Mrs her accident happened approx 20 years ago our insurance broker was Cottie (of football fame) based at the time in Essex. That was how I found out what was paid, Always insure full Comp, as in this case, the damage to our car was quite expensive

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X