• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BMW Financial Services excess of mileage and arrears dispute.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi R0b , Yesterday I received an email with the final decision from the Ombudsman. Of course it's not in my favour (Surprise,surprise!).
    I would like to ask your advice, in the email they asked me to either except his decision it or don't . I am posting the excerpt from the email below for you to see:
    "
    Dear Mrs ***
    Your complaint about BMW Financial Services(GB) Limited
    The ombudsman has now made a final decision about your complaint. I’ve enclosed the final decision – and I’ve also sent a copy to BMW Financial Services(GB) Limited.

In the decision, you’ll see that the ombudsman hasn’t used your full name – only Mrs **. We do this so people can’t be identified when we publish our final decisions on our website.

What happens next?

You need to tell us before 20 October 2021 whether you accept the decision. You can do this by signing the form I’ve enclosed and sending it back to us – or you can tell us by phone or email.

If you accept the decision, you and BMW Financial Services(GB) Limited will be bound by it. That means your complaint has to be settled in the way the ombudsman has decided.

If you don't accept the decision – or you don't reply in time – you and BMW Financial Services(GB) Limited won’t be bound by it. So if you want to accept the decision, make sure we know before 20 October 2021.

An ombudsman’s decision is our final stage – and we can’t take your complaint any further. If you don't accept the decision, you may still be able to take the complaint to court."

My question is really about what should I do? Do I except it or not? I personally inclined towards not excepting it, even though I reached out to BMW to settle the dispute. But despite the decision to settle it amicably, I said in my last response to the FOC investigator that will not admit liability. That was his response to me regarding that:
    "Thank you for also explaining that you’ve contacted BMWFS, and I’m very sorry to hear about the impacts you’ve described. We can’t advise you what’s best to do, and so the decision is your own. We will take note that your actions aren’t intended to accept liability however."

I just really wan to know if I don't except it ,would there be any adverse consequences for me ?
    I would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X