• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

courtesy car damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• courtesy car damage

Hi,
    I have a legal question regarding car insurance. My vehicle was shunted by another driver while parked and unoccupied. This was considered a no fault claim by my insurance company and my car has been repaired. The accident took place a week before I was due to go on holiday to Cornwall for three weeks and so a courtesy car was provided as I was driving to Cornwall. Whilst in Cornwall the car bumper was scuffed and an alloy wheel scratched. I am being asked to pay 250 GBP to repair these issues. Shouldn’t the insurance company of the car who hit me pay this as they caused me to be driving an expensive courtesy car that I wouldn’t have been driving and probably increased the chanced of me having a scuff or scratch as the car was not mine?

Also my car insurance company is threatening to take the payment without my authorisation if I do not pay within 14 days.

Where do I stand?
    Tags: None

You stand having to pay the £250 (unless you managed to insure the risk which I doubt).

I don't believe you really expect the insurers of the party who caused the original damage to pick up the tab for damage for which your are liable.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X