• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

In desperate need of help. I was working in Newcastle city centre for three months and was using a multi storey car park operated by Britannia parking, I would sometimes use my car and my van and had both registrations on the parking app. On the 10th March iv payed for a ticket but clicked on my car registration and not the van.On the 25th of May I received a letter of BW legal saying I owed the sum of £160, I rang BW legal and explained that I had payed for the ticket but clicked on the wrong registration and this was the first I had heard about this,The guy on the phone then stated that Britannia parking had sent me two parking charge notices( Haven’t received anything from Britannia parking) and Britannia parking had now passed the matter onto them. I then tried to resolve the matter with Brittania parking even sending them the screenshot of the parking app showing them I had paid for the wrong vehicle, They refused to acknowledge this and said that I had to deal with BW legal, I spoke to them again and point blank refused to pay them the extortionate fee. I have now received another letter of them which is now a letter of claim. Should I just pay them the £160 are keep disputing this? I know this will have been covered before but some general advice would be great thanks in advance
    Tags: None

So what is on the V5 for the vehicles?

So it looks as though the driver has been identified, yes or no.

Write back to them and object to the charge. You have only just heard about this and had you had opportunity to appeal then you would have expected Brittania to comply with section 17.4 of the BPA Code of Practise and make allowance for the error. The Beavis case expected members to follow their code of Practise.

You are therefore making an offer of £20 to settle the matter, in line with the CoP
    Last edited by ostell; 8th August 2021, 12:06:PM.

Comment

Hi there, thanks for the reply. My name is on both the V5s. Yes I identified myself as the driver on the phone to them because I thought with it being a stupid error we could sort it out amicably. Should I just reply with a letter?do I need to fill the forms in what they sent me they want to know all my financial details, expenditures, my salary?

Comment

Name AND address both correct I hope

Yes, respond to the letter of claim as I suggested. And a similar letter to Brittania

SAR to Brittania requesting all documents that they hold about you and your van. Give them the VRM of both. Also send some proof of ID.

Request from BWL all the paperwork they intend to use in court in order to reduce the differences between you, ask expected by the courts

No, you don't have to fill in the forms

Comment

Yes name and address is correct on both the v5s. Is there a template letter I can use and edit to reply with?

Comment

Look in the shortcuts panel on this page

Request to solicitor is on a similar line to CPR 31.14, but of course no court date yet

Comment

Will look now, thanks for the help, will let you know how I get on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X