• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car related scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car related scam

Hi, I am quite new here and don't know much about the dvla rules. I wanted to sale my car and put the advert on gumtree. A person came to view the car, test drive it and he liked the car. So he ask for my bank details to transfer the funds. So he was saying that he got the business account so transferring the big amount on 1 go won't be a problem.
    Then he showed me on his mobile that he transferred me the full amount and the amount already been taken from his account but it never reaches to my account. So now he want me to transfer the car to him. I transferred the car online via DVLA website to him but I told him that I am not gonna give you possession of the car or any documents related to it unless I am gonna receive the money in my bank account. Then he ask to leave and come back for car collection when I have cleared funds in my account.
    So until now he didn't answer my phone call or text me back about the money which never came in my account. So my vehicle is untaxed now and I can't drive it. What should I do. Thanks
    Tags: None

As you still have the log book you can simply transfer it back into your name

Comment

You were very clever on this occasion, if you had passed the car over my guess is you would never see that car again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X