• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CUP enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUP enforcement

Hi all,

First post, so apologies if I’ve listed this in the wrong place.

I’ve received a PCN from CUP enforcement for parking on a private road. I’ve parked there before and have never realised it’s a private road, there’s no signage as you enter and just some small signs stuck on the wall.

I received a parking charge reminder and then a final charge notice, I thought I had never received the original parking notice but have just found it. I did contact CUP to try and get the initial letter sent again but they’ve just stated they’ve sent 3 letters to me and the case is being passed onto the debt collectors. They have also questioned what my grounds for an appeal would be.

I’ve tried attaching the letters and images they’ve taken but I get an error message saying I don’t have permission to.
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!
    Tags: None

Trying to upload again…
    Attached Files

Comment

The have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 in that they have not given the invitation to Keeper as mandated by 9 (2) (e) nor have they given the period of parking as required by 9 (2) (a). They are therefore unable to transfer liability from the driver at the time to the keeper.

The alleged breach that they have stated is not one of the conditions on the sign.

Tell the debt collectors that you have no liability for the alleged debt and to return it to their principal

Edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. The driver drove andparked, the keeper received the notice.

Comment

Thank you Ostell. What should my next step be, reply to their email with the above? Or wait for the debt recovery letter and then send the above to them?

Comment

So if they've asked what your appeal would have been then here it is :

Dear Sirs,

I have received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give the invitation to keeper in the format prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. You have also failed to give the period of parking as required by 9 (2) (a)

You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

wrap your own words around it. You could add "Please supply a POPLA code so that you can pay to gave my appeal accepted".

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X