• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrested and imprisoned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrested and imprisoned

Hiya
    I might’ve been caught speeding not sure yet it happened only few days ago I was driving a bit fast home / but since I’m a bit worried- tried to find out things from different forums some say yes some say no … could you help please

can the police come and arrest me at home or if I drive to the shop let’s say with the same car for speeding ?
    can I go to prison ?

thanks
    Tags: None

Hi 111GREG111

I'm sure a lot of people 'speed', logically I doubt that the police go around arrest and imprison people (unless a incident has occurred). The prison's would be full to capacity.

What they will do is issue a fine and potential of penalty points.

https://www.gov.uk/speeding-penalties

Comment

Thanks for the answer I might have done 120 in a 70 zone although I know there are no speed cameras normally plus it was clean dry night time 10pm and not built up area with barely any cars on the road

im just not sure as I had no incidents like this before no conviction no points etc …

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 111greg111 View Post
        Thanks for the answer I might have done 120 in a 70 zone although I know there are no speed cameras normally plus it was clean dry night time 10pm and not built up area with barely any cars on the road

im just not sure as I had no incidents like this before no conviction no points etc …

thanks
        They have speed limits for a reason, the safety of everyone, regardless of the other car and conditions. The best thing to do is stick to 'The Highway Code'. Just carry on with life, if they contact you, deal with it when it happens.

Comment

If you were clocked at that speed you will most likely be summoned to the magistrates court. You face 6 points or a ban up to 56 days. If you are not summoned let us hope your anxiety about this issue is a lesson not to do such a stupid and dangerous thing again, whatever the road conditions.

Comment

Thanks for answers

I was driving couldn’t answer

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X