• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Success Story - Have Hope People

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Story - Have Hope People

I'm posting a success story, as there seem to be so few on here :-(

Received a Notice of Enforcement from the Bailiffs on 31.03.2021 for an unpaid Court Warrant.

Rang bailiffs - got details of the original warrant. Unpaid PCN from 2 years ago. No response to summons etc.

Original PCN had been sent to an old address which I had vacated 7 days prior to the PCN being issued.

Spoke to the TEC to establish which Court the Warrant came from. Signposted to the relevant Council. Very helpful lady sent me all the documents to file an OOT Witness Statement.

Filed via email with supporting evidence (old Council Tax bills).

Chased the Council parking office 1 week later. Very friendly. Put a hold on enforcement action until they could look into it.

This morning - received the original Notice to Keeper in the post, for a £50 parking charge for failing to display a valid pay & display ticket.

Spoke to the Council on the phone and asked if the 14-day grace period to pay a reduced fee could be offered, as I was no the driver at the time of the contravention, and was thus blissfully unaware.

Very friendly people. Updated the file without any arguments.

Just paid the original £25 parking fine, and told hubby that we won't be having a takeaway this week as he didn't buy a parking ticket 2 years ago.

From a £400 demand and threat of seizure of goods to closure of the entire matter in 5-and-a-bit weeks.

Have faith people. The system works (sometimes) :-)

Now to address the thornier issue of the 6 penalty points and £660 fine that was taken from my wages due to a speeding offence that I was equally, blissfully, unaware of until I checked my driving licence last week....
    Tags: None

Easily dealt with...stat dec in your local court! Well done

Comment

re the 6 points ..... watch your insurance!

Comment

indeed - is it a fail to provide information?

Comment

Listed for Stat Dec next week. In the defence of the Court system (**gasps***) , everyone has been very professional, efficient and friendly thus far :-)

Comment

The stat dec is straightforward to. They will want to know when you first became aware of the fine/points and why. You will have to swear that you are telling the truth. The stat dec removes the "verdict" but not the offene. The Police can choose to reprosecute.Sometimes you will be offered the opportunity to plead guilty to the offence and get the 3 points and income related fine on the day. Ensure you know your monthly income and outgoings roughly just in case

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X