• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP paid with cash for parking, machine gave no ticket, received claim form CCBC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP paid with cash for parking, machine gave no ticket, received claim form CCBC

Hi, my daughter parked at a beach in wales and paid for a ticket with coins, which she had been doing all week with no trouble, on the 01/08/19 she put the coins in and no ticket came out being a panicker she paid again and again, still no ticket, at this point they had paid for more than a full day ticket, even though they only wanted 3 hours. she figured it would be safe to go to the beach as they had paid £16 not realising without a ticket in the window she would receive a fine (new driver!). She ignored the letters from the company as she had paid, today she has received a claim form from the County Court Business Centre, the claimant is One Parking Solution. She was with other people that would be witnesses but as she knows them would this help? We have no idea how to respond or what to do, any advice would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance x
    Tags: None

Acknowledge the claim online on or shortly after 5 days from the date of issue using the details and password on the form. Nothing in the defence. This will give you 33 days from date of issue to get the defence to court.

Post up the redacted PCN received in the post but leave dates. Was there a ticket on the windscreen? Can you post pictures of the signs.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Acknowledge the claim online on or shortly after 5 days from the date of issue using the details and password on the form. Nothing in the defence. This will give you 33 days from date of issue to get the defence to court.

Post up the redacted PCN received in the post but leave dates. Was there a ticket on the windscreen? Can you post pictures of the signs.
      She hasn't kept the letters she received, I have attached the CCBC letter, which her surname is spelt wrong on and the name of our house was spelt wrong, the machine was broken and would not print tickets, but there is a witness. also the machine is solar powered so hardly ever worked, BBC news wales did a new piece on the unfair parking tickets and since then the machine has been changed to a mains powered one
      Attached Files
      Last edited by KIT77; 18th March 2021, 14:07:PM.

Comment

ostell thank you for your advice above, I'm about to acknowledge the claim online as yesterday was five days from the letter date, my daughters surname is spelt wrong, do I correct it? Also how do I get a copy of the PCN as we don't have one? After I have acknowledge the claim what should I do next? Turns out Llangrannog Beach car park has been all over the news and One Parking Solution are a nasty bunch, so your help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

SAR to One parking Solutions

CPR 31,14 request to DCBL request the PCN and copies of the signs that created the alleged contract.

If you have news items about their behaviour then get some copies of it.

DCBL are playing silly buggers with CPR requests at the moment. If they refuse then please forward a copy of your original letter and their refusal to the Solicitors Regulation Authority and ask why they exempt from complying with CPR.

Templates in the Shortcuts panel on this page.

Comment

I Have posted the CCA, SAR to One Parking Solution and the CPR to DCBL, what should my next move be, do you have any advice for defence, she paid cash but the machine paying 3 times because she panicked, it gave her no ticket and was solar powered, there is no signal to use the parking app, no ticket was left on window as the carpark has cameras. they have had to put in a mains powered machine and the problems are well documented in the paper
            Attached Files
            Last edited by KIT77; 23rd March 2021, 11:16:AM.

Comment

ostell As you suspected DCBL responded to the CPR saying the claim has been issued and therefore do not need to provide documentation unless order to by the court, so I sent the follow up letter in the templates and received the same response back. What do I do next? Do I have to get the court to ask for it? One parking solution have acknowledge the SAR and that they will respond in due course. Thanks in advance

Comment

Please complain about them to the SRA. They are prejudicing your right to a fair trial. If you can include copies of your letter and their response
                Start preparing the defence saying that there are insufficient details in the PoC to prepare a full defence
                You have requested details via a CPR 31.14 request but the claimants solicitor has refused
                You request that the court order the information to be provided and permission to submit an amended defence with the cost being met by the claimant
                You aver that the increased sum claimed is an abuse of process

Have a read of thishttps://www.dropbox.com/s/16qovzulab1szem/G4QZ465V%20Excel%20v%20Wilkinson.pdf?dl=0 and use it to create your defence

Comment

ostell I received this SAR yesterday from One Parking Solution, there is no evidence of signage, which I requested and they are saying the PCN is for staying 19 mins over her time but in actuality she put in £16 and got no ticket. Also the name and address are still spelt wrong. I need to send defence to the court by the 18th April, How and what do I send? Sorry for being so court illiterate! Thanks again
                  Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X