• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge over 6 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge over 6 years

HELLO

POST REPLY SUBSCRIBED
    PostsLatest Activity
    • FILTER

• KeefDee
      KEEFDEE
      #1 Hello

Today, 10:24:AM
      Hi all. New on this forum. My question relates to a overstay on a motorway service. This was now over six years ago. Where is it best to post my full question.
      Thanks
      Tags: None
      • Thank Post0
      + More Options

• MIKE770
      MIKE770
      VIP Member
      Today, 10:54:AM
      give real facts with dates letters etc 6 years ago??? ostell
      • Thank Post0
      + More Options
    • New replies since 11:04:AM.

• ostell
      OSTELL
      VIP Member
      Today, 11:15:AM
      Full description in parking issues forum please

if it's more than 6 years old then it's statute barred and can't be enforced, unless the debt is admitted
      • Thank Post0
      + More Options

• KeefDee
      KEEFDEE
      Today, 11:35:AM
      Hi, I mistakenly posted in the welcome forum.
    • I had a overstay at Donnington MOTO services by about 2 minutes in a truck. This was 24/10/2014 My company informed me of the parking charge so I told them to give driver details so they wrote to me so to have no dealings with the company I worked for as I had no intention of paying £100 for 2 minutes. I received several letters over a 12 month or so period. I had made no correspondence or acknowledgement to anything they sent me. No more letters for around 4 years. Last year I received a couple more letters from DCBL which I didn't respond. 6 years from over stay was 24/10/2020 Yesterday I received a claim form from Northampton County Court Business Centre which was stamped albeit a copy with a claim number. There is also a response pack. Admission form, Defence and counter claim and acknowledgement of service. In the particulars of claim it says "The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not. (I have not once been in any communication or acknowledgement with anything to do with this at all let alone agree to pay)
      The issue date of this claim form is 31st December 2020
      Which puts it over 6 years so is this not automatically statute barred and would the court not be aware of this?
      Thanks
    Tags: None

3 threads and 2 ids for the same problem!, don't waste people's time!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X