• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Overhang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Overhang

Hi can anyone tell me if I can appeal a pcn for an overhang I paid for the parking but my bonnet was hung over the single yellow line
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Also the PCN states parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours even though I’ve paid to park on the street

Comment

What were the restricted hours and what period of time did you pay to park. As for the overhang where did this happen - do you have photos?

Comment

The council have their pictures you can see the bonnet is hung over the single yellow line. I’ll try upload on here
        I was parked in residential parking and pay for permit parking.
        This road is a nightmare and have had several tickets because wheels are on double yellows and spent a fortune on parking permit and tickets.
        I’m just so sick of paying to park but not having anywhere to park.

Comment

If you are in the London area then this is taken from the Civil Enforcement Handbook

a) Vehicle overhang
          A CEO should only issue a PCN if the vehicle is parked
          incorrectly to the extent that at least one wheel is wholly in
          contravention, for example a wheel being wholly outside the
          parking bay or wholly on a yellow line. If all of the wheels
          are within the confines of the bay but the vehicle is large
          and overhangs the bay to such an extent that it causes an
          obstruction equal to a normally-sized vehicle with one wheel
          wholly in contravention, then a PCN can also be issued. CEOs
          must use their judgement on this, and record any evidence
          (especially photographic) that proves the contravention.

Comment

I can’t upload pics on here. Yes it’s London council It’s overhung you can see but is not causing an obstruction which is even more annoying.
            so no grounds to appeal then I’m so angry no word of a lie the amount of money I have paid to this council is a joke.

Thank you for your help

Comment

Use an online site similar to https://imgur.com/ and link from there.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X