• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays Partner Finance VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays Partner Finance VT

Hi,

I VT'd my agreement on a lease car as I was over halfway through. I used the template provided on here, signed and sent off by recorded post and email. I dropped the car off to Mannheim (as I live quite local to one), took time stamped pictures, and they took it away. All seemed fine.

Ive just received two letters from Barclays. One dated 29/10/20 saying my account is in arrears of £1,650 and the other dated 31/10/20 saying, as they have not heard from me, they have passed it on to a debt collection agency. This is the first time I have had anything from Barclays since I sent the VT letter.

Obviously I was very concerned so I rang Barclays and asked what the letters were about. They said that the money is down to a 'conditions charge' but, due to an error on their part, they did not send out the 'funds request' letter. I asked for the debt to be transferred back to them as I knew nothing of these charges and it was their fault for not sending the funds letter to me.

They said the debt will still be with the collection agency as now it is an unsecured loan. They apologised and promised to send out the funds request letter and also give me a full breakdown of the charges of my vehicle. They also said they will contact the debt agency (Moorcroft) to give me the 14 days to pay/dispute the charges.

This is worrying. I do not want my credit file affected due to their mistake.

I've had no idea of these charges until I received the two letters yesterday. I will of course dispute using the templates on here, but what rights do I have to get this 'debt' away from the agency? Barclays passed it over to them as they didnt hear from me, but this was because they didnt send the funds request letter!

Any help would be appreciated..
    Tags: None

You shouldn't be worried about a debt collector, the best they can do is send you letters demanding the debt, but they don't own it, Barclays do.

If you are worried about the possibility of having your credit file marked, I suggest you pay up in full now. It's always a risk and that risk may have to end up you going to court to argue that. However, if you aren't prepared to defend yourself then like I said you should just pay up now.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X