• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Parking

Whilst on holiday in Cornwall I made the mistake of parking in a pub car park administered by Premier Park. In the event we decided to leave after 17 minutes. I omitted to pay for parking so as usual received a PCN. I tried to pay the £60 charge by cheque But twice my cheques have been rejected as I did not write their name exactly as shown on the PCN letter. I later tried to pay by phone but the automated system would only take the full £100 pounds fine. I also tried to pay via their web site but when I filled in the PCN number & the Reg of my vehicle it kept rejecting my details.
    I have sent yet another cheque writing their name exactly as it appears on the PCN, & hope they take the payment before the 30th of October when the £60 pound grace period ends. Although they say they want £60 to settle this fine I noticed that in small print at the bottom of the letter it says there is a 50p administration fee. I have sent them a cheque for £60-50p. I think their game is to keep rejecting my cheques until the 30th when the grace period ends.
    Can they do this they say their bank will not accept cheques that are wrongly written where do I stand in this matter. Do banks reject cheques that are misspelled? On one cheque I wrote Premier As Pemier & another I wrote their name in capitals & not a mixture as shown on their letter.
    Its not that I don't want to pay I know I made a mistake but I think they want the £100.
    Tags: None

Banks should not accept cheques that are not for the account but if it's obvious who it is intended for that would still accept. This sounds like a jobsworth in the office.

Keep a re ord of all those attempts to pay and a screen print of the rejection on line for possible use later.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X