• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help in pursuing damages to my vehicle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in pursuing damages to my vehicle.

Hi,

As the title says I am new to the forum and looking for help and suggestions in pursuing my landlord for damages caused to my vehicle.

Having had my landlord who was an elderly gentleman dent the driver side door of my car at the end of January, I agreed to get some quotes for the repair and allow him to pay for the damages without claiming through his insurance.

I gained four quotes and communicated them to him in an email, but with Corona Virus outbreak the workshops closed and I was unable to get the work carried out.

With the recent reopening of businesses and workshops a few weeks ago, I initiated communications again to get the repairs finally underway.

The landlord requested that I further approach his new tenant who had moved in next door and worked in the motor trade as he may be able to help in seeking a cheaper price for the repair work.

I did this however, his contacts were, unfortunately unable able to help. One quote was more expensive and the other contact being a paintless dent remover, believed the job was not practical as he would not be able to gain access to the rear of the damage.

I forwarded the communications in an email to the landlord, as well as an additional quote which I had completed whilst having my AC serviced.

The next day I received a phone call from the landlord and told he was only willing to contribute £200 to the £280+VAT sum which had been consistent throughout all of the quotes.

I obviously argued the situation but it fell on deaf ears and he politely hung up when I proposed the only option I had was to proceed with the claim.

My only issue is, in checking to see if it claiming through the insurance company bared any negative implication I realised that I have to report any accident within 24 hours which means I cannot follow this route.

Can anybody please suggest any means of pursuing this issue?

Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

So now you WRITE (obtain free certificate of posting from PO) to the gentleman and tell him you hold him 100% responsible for the damage to the vehicle caused when he..........
    You are going to have the repairs carried out by XYZ and you will look to him for reimbursement of the total cost, including hire of a vehicle whilst yours is in the body shop if necessary.
    Recommend that he advise his insurance company of the incident.

If he then fails to cough up you initiate a court claim.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      So now you WRITE (obtain free certificate of posting from PO) to the gentleman and tell him you hold him 100% responsible for the damage to the vehicle caused when he..........
      You are going to have the repairs carried out by XYZ and you will look to him for reimbursement of the total cost, including hire of a vehicle whilst yours is in the body shop if necessary.
      Recommend that he advise his insurance company of the incident.

If he then fails to cough up you initiate a court claim.

Thanks DES8, I'll follow that through.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X