• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Audi PCP voulantary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi PCP voulantary Termination

Thinking of terminating Audi A4* 4 years PCP which is due to end in november 2020 due to excess milage of 40,000 which puts me in serious negative equity.i will get car repaired for any marks,chips,alloy wheels etc so that Audi won't come after me for any damage. Does any one been through similar situation,my biggest worry is am i still liable for excess mileage charges. Any insight will be really appreciated.*

Tags: None

The link below has everything you need.

A Guide to Voluntary Termination - Your Rights

For someone who has exceeded the agreed mileage by 40,000 I would question why that discrepancy is so large and whether you entered into the arrangement on an honest basis.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob
      initially when pcp was* done i opted for only 5000 miles/annum but soon my job changed and had to travel far which explains high mileage,my question is my 4 year pcp ends this november so is it woth VT with 40,000 excess milage?if i have to pay excess mileage anyway even after VT then* i might as well stay till end of the term.

Comment

The VT Guide explains my general view of the legality of excess mileage charges and whether you want to pay or carry on until the end is your choice to make.

If you knew you were going to be travelling, don't you think it was reasonable for you to inform Audi and ask them to increase the mileage due to change of circumstances? If they refused then you would have had an easy defence but since you ploughed on knowing that the position has changed, it may be argued that you had a duty to notify.

I don't think that argument would fly from a legal perspective but I'm sure that would look quite persuasive to a judge.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Looks like i am more justifying myself rather than seeking a solution, Audi refused to mke any changes on mileage as once deal is signed no changes could me made,if you offer* solution if you have one?

Comment

I don't have a solution to offer, I was merely playing devil's advocate. Like I said though, if you asked Audi to vary the mileage but they refused outright then they would have failed to mitigate their losses. If they change the contract terms for payment holidays and increase the monthly payments, why can't they do the same for mileage?

Depending on how much the excess mileage charges amount to, Audi might think it's worth taking a punt at issuing legal proceedings so you might want to make sure you retain all paperwork and correspondence and note any timeline of events that are key. I'm fairly sure there's been a couple of recent threads where Audi have instructed Blake Morgan solicitors to act on their behalf.

If you intend to defend it all the way,I'm happy to assist where I can but you have to be 100% committed because otherwise you will simply make mistakes that could cost you.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X