• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sons car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sons car

Hi everyone. I need some advice regarding an issue with my sons car. He's had the car from new last Sept. Prior to lockdown, the car started to have problems. Within a few mins of driving it, he would get a warning on his dashboard saying "warning safety system fault" and it would not got off. It didn't affect the car in how it drove but there was no abs, traction control etc, so it was booked it at the dealership where the car was originally bought from. They cleared the fault and tested it and all seemed ok. However the fault came up again and in the end we had to take the car back 3 times before it was eventually resolved, which turned out to be faulty abs sensors. The car had new sensors fitted under warranty on the 18th May. Then on the 21st May, I received a 'health check video' of the car via email. It said all was fine with the car, but advised that the brake pads & discs where getting ready to be changed. So I contacted my local independant garage who I have been using for years to get the brakes done. This work was carried out on the 3rd June but when my son went to collect his car later that day, he was made aware of a possible fault again with the abs sensors and a seal on one of his brake calipers, and was told by the mechanic, that he needs to get it checked out by Nissan, they also took photos of the faults and sent them to my sons phone. My son then contacted the dealership and explained the situation. They told him that they could get the car in to be looked at but if the fault wasn't because of a defective part then it would not be covered by warranty and my son would have to pay £85.00+ vat, which isn't to get the work done, its basically just to look at it and determine whether its warranty or not. So my son doesn't know what to do now. He obviously wants the car looked at, but if they say that the part is not defective,or that its something that isn't covered under warranty,* then he will have to pay that money out, which at the moment he just doesn't have. I dont know where this £85.00, has come from. It has never been mentioned before in the times where we have had to take the car back for the system fault, and also when it developed a fault with the mirrors, but now all of a sudden this charge has been mentioned. So any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X