• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

addition of terms CCA standrad clasue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• addition of terms CCA standrad clasue

Hi

I have recently VT'd my BMW with BMW FS and as usual their final closing quotation states that excess mileage charges will be payable - I estimate these will be in the region £2700-3000. I Have read your VT guidance and used the template letter refuting the excess mileage liability. The Financial agreement did have extra clauses inserted under the CCA standard clause stating that excess mileage will be charged and prorated upto the date of VT. I have attached an extract from the agreement. Am I correct in understanding that irrespective of this additional clause, that BMW still cannot claim the excess mileage? Your advice would be appreciated before I dig in my heels.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Help! Someone!
    used templates suggested to reject excess mileage charges after VT stating the Mercedes judgement but have received the attached letter from BMW rejecting the judgement. They have asked me to speak to ombudsman. is this the way to go or dig heels in? how would I challenge their position?.
    Attached Files

Comment

If you have sent the template letters, then you must have read the VT guide, it has everything you need in there for making a complaint. BMW are notorious for marking credit files so do be aware of that, and the only way is likely to issue legal proceedings. Amazes me people still haven't challenged them in court for breach of data protection when they do file adverse entries but hey ho.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks - I think I sent you message before I saw this post - Apologies

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X