• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pcn put on car but wrong registration put on ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pcn put on car but wrong registration put on ticket

Hi everyone, I came out of a shop just as a warden was writing a ticket out for me I said I was going now he carried on writing it and quickly put it on my car but when I looked at it it has the wrong registration numbers different to mine, so I would like to know if they could actually proceed with this pcn. Thanks in advance any help would be good
    Tags: None

Just let you know he did take a couple of photos as I was getting in my car but when I went online to view photos they were not there

Comment

Assuming this is acouncil pcn, wrong reg no. is fatal.

If you do nothing, the council will send an NtO to the innocent registered owner (assuming that reg exists) who won't know anything about it and will have the aggravation of dealing iwth it.

Write or email the council with a copy of the pcn and say you found this on your car, but the reg no. does not belong to any vehicle you own.

The council will cancel the pcn and will not hassle the innocent motorist.

They cannot re-issue a corrected pcn (even though they may well have pics of the coireect reg no.)

Keep the pcn safe in the very unlikely event that the council send a Notice to Owner to you.

Job done and a lucky escape!!

Comment

Thanks for speedy reply I'll let you know how I get on

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X