• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VCS / court / baliff HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCS / court / baliff HELP!

Hi, I need some advice about an issue to do with a parking ticket. I apparently committed a parking contravention and got a parking ticket back in 2015. A private parking company called vehicle control solutions took me to court in September 2019 but I could not attend the court hearing due to illness and then moved out of the UK shortly after for a few months. I recently got back and found a letter from the court stating that because I did not attend vehicle control solutions won £330 against me, so there is an order from the court stating that. The letter is a general form of judgement for £100 plus £230 costs. *I've checked on the Trust website (cost was £6) and I do not have a CCJ on my file. I did inform the court that I would not be able to attend and I asked them if they could reschedule the hearing, however the court replied the following: "upon reading a letter from the defendant, hearing the solicitor for the claimant, upon the court noting that defendant has not provided any evidence of his illness, it is ordered that judgement for the claimant in the amount of £330". Further, vehicle control solutions have now used a debt recovery company called dcbl (direct collection baliff's limited) to chase up this money and I have a £75 plus VAT charge onto the original £330 so they are now asking for £420!? The letter states the case is not subject to high court or Baliff action. I do not want to go back to court and defend this because I don't have the time. They have threatened that they will take enforcement legal action if I do not respond within 14 days. I'm very upset and have no idea what to do as I cannot afford to pay this money. So what are my options moving forward?
    Tags: None

Not a lot really.* They can remove goods and add even more costs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X