• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Highview Parking & Waterfields Retail Park Watford - Boxing Day!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highview Parking & Waterfields Retail Park Watford - Boxing Day!

Hi All,

Today I received a parking ticket from Highview Parking for parking at Waterfields Retail park, Watford. I never saw any notice to suggest a limit of 2 hours of parking. I have seen a few posts on how to respond but wanted to know whether the template suggested by Ostell (a senior member) should be sent via post, email or via Highview's website.

Another suggestion mentioned to me by someone I know is, do not respond to Highview and after a number of months they will stop correspondence to you on this matter, however, is this a good or bad suggestion?

Thanks in advance for any useful information on the above matter.
    Tags: None

Ignoring is a bad suggestion, the template might not apply and make you look ill informed, edit so that the identity of the driver can ot be inferred.

Post up a redacted copy of the NTK.

Comment

I have attached a redacted copy of the notice sent to me. Thank you.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Innocent111; 6th January 2020, 17:12:PM.

Comment

So if you were thinking of using no warning of keeper liability and no invitation to the keeper to pay then go ahead

Comment

Just to be on the safe side... I was going to use this notice you posted sometime ago:

========================

Sirs,

I am the keeper of vehicle XXXXX and have received your Charge Notice XXXXXX

Your notice fails to meet the requirements of schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to include the information mandated by section 9 (2), all of which must be present for the keeper to be held liable.

Accordingly I, as the keeper, cannot be held liable for the actions of the driver at the time. There is no legal requirement for me to identify the driver and I decline your invitation to identify them. I have passed your notice to the driver as requested and leave it up to them as to whether they contact you.

I do not expect to hear from you again other than to confirm that no further action will be taken against me on this matter.

====================

Is this sufficient? And via post as you suggested.... recorded delivery?

Thank you.

Comment

That's an old one but will suffice.

1st class mail with free certificate of posting from a post office

Comment

Please share a newer version Much appreciated...

Comment

Here's 2 that apply.* Combine them

*Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. *You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

*Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give the invitation to keeper in the format prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. *You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

Comment

Thank you for your assistance, I will be posting this out in due course and will update the forum once I have a response.

Comment

This is ready to go in the morning:

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Charge Notice for vehicle VRM: XXXXX.

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act and failing to give the invitation to keeper in the format prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

Yours Sincerely.

====================================

Do I need to state my name as I have already used the reference number? Just don't want to give them any information confirming what they already have....

Comment

They already have your name and other details so no reason not to use them

First class post with free certificate of posting from any post office*

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                        So if you were thinking of using no warning of keeper liability and no invitation to the keeper to pay then go ahead
                        Isn't this jumping the gun a bit ? They still have 2 days left to send a compliant notice.

Comment

...And 2 days for assumed delivery, which takes it past day 14.* Already on day 12 so by the time the receive it and respond it's too late.

Comment

They might send a raven :-)

Comment

All done and sent... I will respond when they reply back...

ps. i have my free certificate of posting from the post office too! Thank you.
                              Last edited by Innocent111; 16th January 2020, 22:56:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X