• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ParkingEye Ltd. - First Notice Served 3 months after alleged overstay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ParkingEye Ltd. - First Notice Served 3 months after alleged overstay

Dear all,

I hope you are well and I would like some advice regarding ParkingEye Ltd.

On 16/11/19 I received my first notice regarding a 3 hour 11 minute overstay in a 3 hour limit shopping centre car park that happened on 29/08/19.

As you can probably understand, I was shocked to be receiving this nearly 3 months after the incident and I am unable to actually recall the circumstances of the day. I appealed to ParkingEye Ltd. on this basis and under Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 as under this is states they must serve their first notice '28 days following the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to driver was given.'- this was rejected by ParkingEye Ltd.

I have started my appeal to POPLA and ParkingEye Ltd. have stated that 'this Parking Charge was not issued under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012' so firstly I am confused as to which act this charge has been served under?

Secondly, they have attached a trail of letters, the first being from 02/09/19, by which they have served this notice to the wrong address, until my address was finally corrected on 15/11/19. The trail consists of 'Parking Charge Letter 1', 'Parking Charge Letter 2', 'Keeper Liability Letter' and 'Letter Before County Court Claim (PAPDC)'.

I feel that given that I received my first notice on 16/11/19, this is an unfair amount of time after the alleged incident happened to serve a first notice as I am not in the position to recall and therefore appeal on grounds of my circumstances on the day.

If anybody could kindly provide me advice on this then this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by lljjhh View Post
    Dear all,

I hope you are well and I would like some advice regarding ParkingEye Ltd.

On 16/11/19 I received my first notice regarding a 3 hour 11 minute overstay in a 3 hour limit shopping centre car park that happened on 29/08/19.

As you can probably understand, I was shocked to be receiving this nearly 3 months after the incident and I am unable to actually recall the circumstances of the day. I appealed to ParkingEye Ltd. on this basis and under Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 as under this is states they must serve their first notice '28 days following the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to driver was given.'- this was rejected by ParkingEye Ltd.

I have started my appeal to POPLA and ParkingEye Ltd. have stated that 'this Parking Charge was not issued under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012' so firstly I am confused as to which act this charge has been served under?

Secondly, they have attached a trail of letters, the first being from 02/09/19, by which they have served this notice to the wrong address, until my address was finally corrected on 15/11/19. The trail consists of 'Parking Charge Letter 1', 'Parking Charge Letter 2', 'Keeper Liability Letter' and 'Letter Before County Court Claim (PAPDC)'.

I feel that given that I received my first notice on 16/11/19, this is an unfair amount of time after the alleged incident happened to serve a first notice as I am not in the position to recall and therefore appeal on grounds of my circumstances on the day.

If anybody could kindly provide me advice on this then this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    have you identified who the driver was?
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

They have 56 days from date of allegation (28 days for you to pay and 28 days for them to act) to send a notice to keeper.
      This is what you describe as 'Keeper Liability Letter'.
      What date did this arrive at your address ? If it arrived afer the 56 days you are in the clear.
      It is unclear from your post how they sent mail to the wrong address. They get your address from the DVLA so if you have recently moved address and didn't tell the DVLA they will claim they sent letter to a valid address under POFA.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X