• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Endorsement on license appeal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endorsement on license appeal

Hi everybody, I am writing because I had a very minor accident in March this year where I collided with another car nobody was injured but the other driver reported it to the police and it went to court and I got 5 points for failing to report the accident to police (even though I did report it to my insurance company) a law I did not know about I also got endorsement for failing to stop and exchange details and undue care and attention, what I'd like to k ow is can I appeal or do anything about this as it is playing on my mind I can't believe it's come to this, in all my years of driving I've never heard of this happening to anyone if anybody out there can help me here It would be much appreciated. Best regards carman6
    Tags: None

As you now know the hard way, if you are involved in an accident and fail to exchange contact details etc you MUST report the incident to the police.
    Failure is a criminal offence and can result in points, fine up to £5000, disqualification or even imprisonment for up to 6 months

I'm afraid ignorance of the law is not going to get a reduction in sentence but if you're not satisfied with the outcome of the case then you do have the right of an appeal against conviction and/or sentence to the Crown Court.

This will be a re-trial where all evidence will be re-heard again and the case will be re-considered by a Crown Court judge and two magistrates, neither of whom had any involvement with the initial hearing in the magistrates' court. This can work for or against you as the Crown Court can increase or decrease the sentence imposed by magistrates.

You must appeal within 21 days of the original sentencing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X