• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Parking fine assistance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Parking fine assistance

Hi

I live in apartment block and have an allocated parking space. When I moved in I parked in this spot and was waiting for my permit to come through. During that time, I have received a parking ticket, the company is UKPC. I challenged this due to my parking in my spot and was awaiting for my permit to come through - this was subsequently rejected.

I firstly received letters from Zenith but this has now been passed to SCS Law saying I have 14 days to make payment - would you advise to look to challenge this further? I feel aggrieved to pay as I am parking in my spot and I had nowhere else to park whilst waiting for the permit, which has now arrived.

Any assistance or comments would be helpful.

Many thank
    Tags: None

What does your lease say about parking? How do you know it is your spot ?

Comment

Hi
      So each car parking space is numbered and then each apartment is allocated one spot. This is in the contract. So when we moved in, I applied for the permit and my car was parked in the allocated spot. During the time I was waiting for the permit, I got a ticket.

It would have been helpful for the estate agents to inform me prior about having to apply for a permit prior to when I was moving in, but that's another story.

Comment

You will get nowhere with the parking company, they will just keep saying you owe it. Let them take you to court, it will be laughed out by a judge. In fact they know this so won't bother.

Comment

So, again, what does your lease say?

Your lease has primacy of contract and so you have no need of another contract to park.* Does your leas say you have to display a permit otherwise you have to pay money to a third party stranger?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            So, again, what does your lease say?

Your lease has primacy of contract and so you have no need of another contract to park. Does your leas say you have to display a permit otherwise you have to pay money to a third party stranger?
            I would argue it doesn't matter what his lease says about a permit scheme. He clearly has an allocated parking spot, it says so in his contract/lease/tenancy and as such he has the right to use it with or without a permit.
            Even in the highly unlikely event (as you enquire) that a permit scheme forms part of the contract (and I have never seen this, it's always the freeholder's management company who instigate these schemes) I repeat my claim that any action would be laughed out of court given the circumstances.

Comment

That's why I asked what the lease says.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X